Monday, April 28, 2008

Amen = All Done?

When each of my kids have been toddlers they have said "Amen" instead of "all done" when we finished anything. Like when I finished reading a book they would close it and say "amen". When they were done eating they would say "amen". And it goes on. At first I thought, well Brandon did it for some odd reason and then Sean learned it from him. But Brandon and Sean don't say it anymore and Natalia does. Interesting, right?! Natalia's speech therapist hadn't heard of it before and said that it showed we prayed an awful lot because the kids were just repeating what they heard all the time. I don't really think that we pray that often though. So now I'm wondering do the kids in other families say amen instead of all done as well or is it just my kids? - cause I'm pretty confident that there are other families that pray more than we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you wondering if we pray a lot too or if our kids say funny things? That is pretty cute that they say Amen instad of all done, it just reminds you how to act throughout the day...

Breanne said...

Hi! This is Clint's wife from Deloitte. Robert gave me your url. Very cute family and I love your back drop. My little Xander who is 1 1/2 says all done instead of Amen when we pray. Or he will say Amen in the middle of the prayer and just get up and leave even though we are not done praying, he is! See you soon in St. George!

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!