While I’m sure some of you would rather hear about what the kids are doing, Robert and I got to do the funnest thing this last week so you get to hear about us. Robert’s work took the employees and their spouses on a trip to St. George. While there we stayed at the Inn at Entrada. (Which is where High School Musical 2 was filmed.) It was fun seeing how the richer 1/8 live.
And now on to the fun times that Robert and I had. We went on an adventure trip with Paragon Adventures. We went on a 600 foot long zip line 80 feet above the canyon floor. I thought it was going to be scarier than it was. The only slightly scary part was the very beginning when you have to move yourself off the side and into open air. We had on harnesses and were secured pretty well to the rope so it didn’t really feel that dangerous. On the other side of the canyon we rappelled down the sides in 3 different places. Rappelling down the rock face brought back all sorts of memories of the rappelling I did in YW way back in the day. I remember being scared of hitting my knees if I swung back wrong.
Going down this time around I was much more confident about what I was doing and was able to go down pretty fast. Though not as fast as Robert. I tried to take a picture of him coming down and barely had time to get in one snap before he was down. Note: There are more pictures of me because a) Robert had the camera and b) each time Robert was a gentleman and let everyone else go ahead of him. The 2nd rappel was my favorite because it was the longest one. There was enough time to get
comfortable and have some fun. After rappelling we started to do some rock climbs. Unfortunately it started to rain so we only had time to do one climb each. But it was fun to do a rock climb on an actual rock face instead of on a climbing wall. In case you were wondering I’m in the white hat and tan shorts, Robert is in the dark hat and dark shorts.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Fun in St George
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters
I love how happy they make each other
Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!
1 comment:
Wow! Robert's work really likes to keep their employees happy! What a great trip! You are brave to do all of those things, I would have peed my pants that high up in the air....
Post a Comment