Robert was King for the Day! He got lunch made for him - no time to make him breakfast in bed before church. We had an early dinner and had a yummy ice cream cake. The kids are so very lucky to have such a wonderful Dad. He spends time playing with them and fishing with them and wrestling with them and all sorts of things. It is so much fun to see them playing together.
After dinner and presents we went for another attempt to reach the 'V'.
This time we made it! Only we had to climb straight up the mountain because I didn't want to
walk along the road that was blocked off and said "stay out! Rifle range!" Hmmm, I can't imagine why I wouldn't want to duck under the sign and walk in ease along that road. Since I'm just crazy like that we had to find another way up. The way that we found was a trail that went straight up the mountain. (the part of the trail that you see in this picture was only the last little bit of it - I'm going to have to take a picture of the trail and post it later cause it was insane!) After a while our calves were aching. I carried Natalia piggy back and Robert had Alauna in a front pack, so the girls had it pretty easy.
Brandon and Sean were troopers and managed to make it all the way to the top all by themselves! After a few pictures at the 'V' we started back down. 1st we had to detour around a baby rattlesnake. This detour helped us find another easier way back down the mountain. I think it is so funny that it can take an hour or more to walk in and 10 min to walk out.
No comments:
Post a Comment