For the last week or so, Alauna has been getting 2 new teeth. Understandably, she has been a bit cranky. However, in the last day or so she has gotten alot crankier. She was congested, had a runny nose, and started to have a high temperature. She was downright miserable! At first I thought it was just due to her teething because it looked like one of the teeth was all red and swollen, so maybe it was causing her some pain. After a day or so of her being so miserable I took her into the doctor to make sure everything was alright. Not too surprising, considering her siblings, she has 2 bad ear infections. And her tonsils are huge! The doctor's comment was that while babies can't get strep, Alauna's tonsils look like strep ones. Aside from the fact that after 4 kids who have all had problems with their ears and tonsils I don't really believe that babies can't get strep, allergies, etc. because somehow mine do! Whether or not she has strep is a moot point since she's going on antibiotics for her ears. The point is that poor little Alauna can't breathe through her nose because of her congestion and she can barely breathe through her mouth because of her huge tonsils. Her breathing sounds soo bad, it is almost worse than when Natalia had RSV. At night I go in to Alauna's room several times just to make sure she's still breathing.
That night I ended up with Alauna in our bed because she kept waking up crying and was hurting so much and was so sad. About 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning she woke up again. This time after calming her down she seemed to want to play. By this time I, of course, was exhausted and was laying there half asleep while she crawled around between Robert and I. After a few minutes Alauna crawled over and gave me not just one kiss on my cheek but two!! Normally, to get a kiss out of Alauna we have to kiss her cheek and then put our cheek next to her mouth. And she doesn't always give a kiss. So this was the first time that she gave a kiss completely unprompted. And she did it twice! She is such a sweetie! I love my little sweetheart! Those two kisses definitely made the long night less hard. It was definitely a 'finding joy in motherhood' moment.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Alauna's kisses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters
I love how happy they make each other
Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!
1 comment:
Oh poor baby! Man, your kids I swear. I feel lucky that Ben has been my only one with ENT problems. I'm sorry for you. Glad those cute kisses made you feel a little better! What a sweetie.
Post a Comment