So, my dear darling husband thinks that he can get the boys to do anything if he bribes them with ice cream. And technically, he's right. We went to the pool today and Robert told them that if they went off the high dive board he would take them out to ice cream afterwards.
Immediately, both boys lined up to go off the high dive board. My kids sure can be bought with ice cream, they didn't even negotiate for DQ.

The first picture is of Brandon jumping off the high diving board. Then the 2nd is of Sean. I can tell these things because I magnified the image a number of times and looked at the swimsuits. Man, I long for a better camera. Just think of the shots that I could get with an awesome DSLR camera. If only...... The 3rd picture is of Sean beings straight as an arrow off the high diving board. He was only able to keep his arms at his side for a short time. Then he would put them out and look like he was trying to fly or something. Actually, as you look at the other pictures this 'arms out to fly thing' is a common thing. Maybe they thought that it would help them jump farther out if they glided on their arms or something. It makes me so nervous to see my little boys doing these crazy things. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive their growing up years. 

After going off the high dive a few times they also went off the low diving board. Note - Brandon looks like he is trying to fly. (Brandon's in the first picture here and Sean in the second.) After the high dive, the low diving board was a piece of cake for them. They were completely nonchalant about it. In fact they wanted to run down the board to jump off it
and I had to keep telling them to walk. I'm telling you - I will be going gray very young because of these boys.
Then I had to show the boys that I could dive too. So this very blurry picture is of me diving off the low diving board. I also jumped off the high dive board too, in my efforts to keep up with my boys.
Natalia was fascinated watching the b
oys jump off the diving boards. After they had jumped off a number of times she decided that she was going to jump too. She gets up off the bench and walks over the line for the high diving board. I about had a heart attack! After I pulled her out of that line she kept insisting that she wanted to jump in too. After a while of that I took her over to the lap lanes and had her jump into me. That was a lot of fun. But after a while, I think she thought that she had shown me how well she could jump in and she started asking to jump off the diving boards again. She was actually very put out that I wouldn't let her.
Here is a fun picture of Brandon. He totally looks like he has six pack abs.
Next time you want your kids to try something new. Remember, promise them some ice cream and you will be amazed (and maybe scared) at what they will be willing to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment