Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sean

6 years ago Sean came into our family. He has been such a joy. I love how easy going he can be, how adventuresome and fearless he is, and how sweet he is. For his 'Special Day' at school I had to get some pictures of Sean together to display on the bulletin board. It was really hard to narrow down the pictures to just 10 (and technically I didn't make it since I have 11 here and then I sent in a bigger pose shot). Many of the pictures were of Sean with his big brother Brandon. Sean and Brandon are best of friends and play together so very well. I love to hear them playing some un-understandable boy game and have so much fun doing it. Since I always seem to post pictures of Sean with Brandon I decided to try to keep these shots to just Sean, which I was almost able to do.

In speaking of Sean's fearlessness and adventuresome spirit I picked these pictures.












1st is Sean high up a tree he climbed. 2+ years later I still get comments from the boys about the apricot tree we had at our last house and how much fun it was to climb. 2nd is Sean sitting on a log that had fallen across the stream we were playing in at one of the National Parks. He loves to hike with the family and explore new places - he really loves to explore. 3rd is Sean riding his bike. With Brandon's help Sean taught himself/learned to ride with no training wheels at the tender age of 3.

Sean being dunked in a dunk tank at a small local carnival. No fear! He loves it! Speaking of no fear. Here's Sean jumping off the high diving board. He jumped off a number of times and chose it over the low diving board. He wanted to run and jump on it and about gave me a heartattack a few times. But I love that he has the confidence to know that he can do these things and be okay.






Sean applies this same no hold's barred attitude to the rest of his life too. He plays hard on his soccer team and is the best player on his team. Not only does he score many of the team's goals but after pushing the ball up the field towards the goal he will pass it off to a teammate, so that they can get some goals too. He is a real team player.



Every year Sean goes fishing with his brother and Dad on Free Fishing Day. After trying a number of different fishing places they finally found a good fishing hole. He is Sean with the fish that he caught. It was the biggest one this year. When they got home Papa John filleted it and we grilled it up along with the other fishes and it tasted wonderful.





Sean is a real family guy. He loves to play with Brandon, Natalia, and Alauna. With Brandon it is more school stuff and soccer and boyish games. I love this picture of my boys on the way to the first day of school with their Dad. With Natalia it is more of letting her tag along behind and then helping her when she wants to do the same thing he is but isn't quite sure how. Like this time at Red Butte Gardens when she got a little bit nervous about walking on the stepping stones and he went back and helped her across. And with Alauna he likes to help her stand and walk and play. He is such a great brother.

The last 2 pictures that I chose show Sean in a water balloon fight and Sean at a BYU game with his Dad. Sean loves water. Anything to do with water he loves. He loves swimming in it, exploring in it, splashing in it, getting soaked by it, and throwing it. He loves water slides, rain storms, puddles, streams, sprinklers, hoses, pools, bathtubs, sinks, you name it - if it involves water he loves it. Every year Robert gets 2 season tickets to the BYU home games and every game he takes someone with him. Usually that someone is one of the boys. They really look forward to this one on one time with their dad. They get stadium food and they cheer really loud and they go to McDonald's for dinner and they get to be with their dad. How much better could it possible get?
I love the times I get to share with my wonderful little boy and am so excited for all the times that I still get to share with him.

2 comments:

Erin Boyle said...

Great post about sweet Sean! We are so glad he is our friend. You and Robert are raising great kids!

Anonymous said...

Awsome pictures of Sean! He is a great person and one of my favorite nephews :) I love that fearless attitude, and he sure looks like a rockstar out there playing soccer! Happy Birthday, Sean!!!! -Jena

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!