Friday, January 16, 2009

Gymnastics

My boys have been taking gymnastics for a little while now. Since I didn't have any pictures to document this I decided to rectify the situation.



Brandon and Sean are learning how to front flips. As I took the pictures I realized that it is next to impossible to get a good picture of a flip. Obviously, professional photogs do, but not so easy for you average mom photog. I got a lot of bum shots. This first bum shot (on the right) is of Brandon in a tuck position as he flips and then the second bum shot is Sean.








You might ask, "how can you tell? They are wearing the exact same clothes." Well, through the power of the magnify option in Photoshop I was able to pick out a few identifying details and I also used a mother's innate knowledge of her kids. For instance, on Brandon his arms are very tense, Sean's are relaxed. Interesting tidbit : look at the calf muscles on Brandon!



While the boys are doing their gymnastics the girls and I go and play in the small gym. Natalia loves to pretend that she can do everything the boys do. Her cartwheels are hilarious. They involve her throwing herself onto the mat on her side and then rolling over and getting up. She is so intent on them and so very proud of them as well. Too bad I could never take a picture that would do it justice. She also loves the bar. She loves to hang upside down on it and swing.






Alauna loves the trampoline the best. She knows to get off quick if the boys get on, but if it is just her or her and Natalia she loves it. She doesn't really jump on it. It's more of a bouncing walk. She just walks back and forth across it and thinks she is so cool. And when her older siblings play with her on the trampoline it is even better. Natalia loves to play with Alauna on it. I'm not sure what they're doing. But it involves a lot of laughing, yelling, laughing, falling down, screaming, laughing, crying, and laughing.


Look at the big smile on Alauna's face as Natalia pulls her around.









And then the fun of jumping with Brandon! The blur in the background is Natalia jumping too.






After Sean was done with his flips he came over and was playing in the foam pit. I like how cool this picture looks as Sean falls backwards into the pit.



No comments:

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!