We had a long weekend and I thought it would be a fun thing to do an activity together. I had read about families finding letters in everyday things around them and thought it could count as a fun activity. And if I involved the kids then it would be less work for me and they just might get invested in it. So off we went on a walk around the neighborhood to see what we could see. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Brandon and Sean where able to see letters in the world around them. They have very creative minds. The girls weren't so very interested but they enjoyed the walk and the promise that we would end up at the park. It took a little bit longer than planned and towards the end I was the only one looking for letters but there was good familial interaction. All in all, it was a very successful activity.
We found most of the letters of the alphabet and were able to spell out each of their names, which I have printed off and now hang in their rooms.




No comments:
Post a Comment