Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Robert's Birthday

Today Robert turned 31! Robert's orginal birthday Activity was going to be hiking to the B in Bountiful, the Y in Provo, and then the U is Salt Lake. What's that spell? That's right ! BYU!! Rabid BYU fan that Robert is, I'm sure that we will still be doing those hikes at some point in time. However, this year he decided to drive down to visit his parents instead. His dad designed the costumes for Tuacahn’s production of Les Miserables. I understand that only 8 theaters were allowed to produce Les Mis and John got to design one of them! Pretty cool! We drove down on Robert’s birthday and had his usual birthday dinner of Nachos - which led to a discussion of who all wanted nachos for their birthday dinners, both boys were definite yeses and when they asked Natalia if she wanted nachos for her birthday dinner she said, “yeah” (like she does for pretty much everything); so basically everyone except myself wants nachos for their birthday dinner. Isn’t that just wonderful!


After cake and presents Robert and I and the boys went to see ‘The Sound of Music.” We all really liked the show and thought Maria was wonderful. The actress is an amazing singer. Both of the boy’s favorite part was when the Nazi’s were chasing the vonTrapps and there was machine gun fire and searchlights and Nazi’s running up and down the aisles. It was so much fun to see one of my favorite movie musicals on the stage. Robert and I were a bit concerned because the actor playing Captain von Trapp also plays Jean Valjean. As the captain we didn’t think he was that great.

No comments:

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!