The first day of school dawned bright and clear. The anticipation level of both boys was through the roof. When their alarm went off at 7:00, they jumped out of bed and into their clothes with hardly a hop in between. (Technically, their alarm didn't go off because the clock was set wrong, but when I woke them up, they jumped out of bed.....) When dressed they raced to the front room to start their scripture study. I'm not sure how much they got out of the scriptures today since I'm very sure their thoughts were on school most of the time. Once scripture study was done Brandon moved on to piano. Intermittently playing scales and songs, he was able to keep on task barely long enough to get in his 20 min. With piano finished, we all sat down for a nice, 1st day of school, breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and orange juice.
And then it was time to go!
The whole family walked the boys to school. It was extra special because Robert was able to take some time from work and be with us. Isn't this the cutest picture of Daddy and his boys!

I got to take Brandon to his first day of Kindergarten, so it was Robert's turn with Sean. Here's Robert waiting in line with Sean when it was time to go in.

Then Sean worked on his headband - so the teacher would know his name. And drew a picture of his favorite thing to do - jump on the trampoline.



2 comments:
I am so glad to get to see your cute family...All of them. It has been so long since I have seen the Richard Kerns. I love the blog especially the special effect photos where you single people out. WAY COOL! I am adding you to my tool bar and hopefully we can have a kern cousin reunion, with so many here in Utah. BTW so not digging the byu cake and tickets...GO UTES!
the firstday of school was fun.
Post a Comment