Monday, August 25, 2008

Random pictures

I was going through my pictures and realized that I have some pictures that I wanted to share. Unfortunately, there aren't enough pix of any one event to warrant a blog entry about the event. So here we are with some pictures of a couple of random events.



Robert's work recently had their summer picnic. There was some really fun bounce house toys. One of them was an obstacle course ending in a slide. This one was the absolute favorite with the boys. Mostly because it had two sides so they could race each other! And because it was the boys favorite it was also Natalia's. I thought it would be a good idea if I went with her since she does tend to over reach her abilities. She thinks that she can do everything that her brothers can even though she is younger and smaller. Robert took this great picture of us before we went into the obstacle course. I really like it so I cropped it and you get to see it again. Natalia is kind of pensive but she really loved going through the bounce house and we had to do it over and over and over again. Little kids just don't get tired like their parents do.

The next random picture is from the kids sitting on the brick fence between our house and the neighbor's house. They were waiting for one of Brandon's friends to show up to play. I guess they were so bored of being in the house with me that they decided they would go outside and


wait. Or they were so excited to have a friend over that they didn't want to miss a single second of it. So they are in the front yard and I go out to see what they are doing. I see them sitting on the fence singing and dancing! Crazy kids! They were really getting into it too! I love seeing all three of them playing together and having so much fun! That is one of my joys in motherhood.





And then there's the picture of me running. I ran in a 5K on the 24th. It was little bit harder than I was expecting. It was more uphill. While I didn't do nearly as well as I was hoping to (I ran a 24:30); it was exactly the motivation that I needed to work out harder/smarter and stop being lazy. I was so happy with how I did and felt in the July 4th race that I thought this one would be the same. And it really wasn't. I don't want to be obsessive about getting better times and all, but it was a good reminder that I still need to put in a little bit of effort (and not eat tons of ice cream the day before). Hopefully, the next race I do will go much better.



Here's one of me and two of my sisters just sitting around chatting. Since I live in a nice central location and we have room, we get lots of visitors. When there are lots of things happening here, we like to call our house 'the T... Hotel'. We had already finished dinner and everyone else had gotten up and gone off to do their things, but we were still talking. It was lots of fun to be able to just enjoy some adult conversation with 2 people you have known their whole life (Jessica) or at least, your whole life (Jenifer).


No comments:

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!