Monday, September 01, 2008

Stormy puddle jumping

Last night we had a big storm. It was really windy and then it started raining. Around 4:30 the power went out. Our house got boring real quick since it was so overcast that there wasn't enough light to see very well and it was Sunday so we didn't want to go anyplace. Instead we decided to go for a walk in the rain.




The gutters were full of water and the kids were jumping in the water and having a blast! After a while, Robert and I had to join in on the fun. We all ended up being soaked to the skin, but it was totally worth it.





Brandon is having lots of fun even though he's soaked!











Robert showed the kids how to make waves curl around his feet in the gutters.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And then I had to see if I could do it too. Isn't that so cool that the water curled off my foot so that it wasn't even in the water. I had tons of fun finding the angle that made the water spray the farthest.



Look at the curl on the wave Natalia is making (and the smile on her face!) You can tell the water was moving really fast. Which is why I had to hold onto her.

She almost got swept away!

Good thing I was holding onto her!


Remember splashing in puddles when you were young? And how much fun you had? Well, it is just as much fun as you remember. I'm so glad that we had this time together to play. We were so wet from the rain and playing in the water that a little bit more didn't make a single bit of difference. The kids had so much fun! Definitely some memories that I'll cherish.


















I wasn't a fan of the sitting in the rain water myself; but the boys sure did have fun. Sean was even able to do some traveling. The water was strong enough to push him down the street for a little bit. See the picture at the top. Sean is the one with the green shirt.
After playing in the water for a while, we went back home and the power was still off. So we showered, ate breakfast for dinner, and went to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were bored too with no power life sure changes! So the girls were out playing in the rain! We should have come around the corner and joined you guys!

Mystial Batwoman said...

Oh I am totally loving these pictures! Can I put them on my Nature For Kids blog? How spontaneous and fun!

Jme said...

Absolutely you can put the pictures on the Nature for Kids blog. It will make me feel better about not writing an article for it yet. I just don't have any idea of what to write about. Sorry.

Angela said...

So fun! I wish we could play in the rain! :) Looks like something everyone will remember! Good times.

Jen Souter said...

I can't believe all the rain! You guys look like you are having way too much fun! What great memories! I found your blog through Krista's hope you don't mind! Jen Souter

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!