Sean and Natalia finally had their sinuses cleaned out! We got to Primary's a bit late but made up time in the waiting room. Once we finally made it back to the exam room, they changed into their or so stylish hospital pjs. The socks are especially wonderful with the treads on the top and bottom. After the checkup we headed into the next waiting room. Natalia had a bit of a cough but she managed to not cough while the NP was checking her over. Anywhichway, they cleared her for the surgery.

And away she went. Sean got the honor of pulling her wagon. Then we went back and Robert and Sean played games on the xbox in the waiting room until it was his turn. While he was sad to stop the awesome Spiderman game he wasn't too concerned about going back for his surgery.

Usually we're out of the hospital by 1 ish. This time it was more like 4 ish. Natalia was her usual disoriented, distraught after surgery self. She had no idea what was going on and was carrying on like you wouldn't believe. First she wanted her mommy, then once I was holding her, she wanted her daddy, then when he was holding her she wanted her grandma and papa, and then when she finally understood that daddy was as far as it goes she allowed him to calm her down and she went to sleep for a couple of hours. After Sean got out of his surgery he slept like a log for 2 hours at least, maybe more. He never really cried or anything, when he woke up he was just a bit disoriented and then asked for his slushy. No drama at all!
On the way home they fell asleep again. I think this surgery was a little bit harder on them then ear tube surgery. They have been doing great, though. Just a little bit of blood draining out their noses and that's it. Okay, they are a bit grumpier, testier, fussier, etc. But it could be worse, I was worried about over night hospital stays and surgeries gone awry. A little bit of grumpiness, etc. I can handle. Hopefully, now that the polyps in their sinuses are gone their sinuses will be able to drain normally now and they won't ever have to have another surgery!!!!!!!!Natalia woke up crying about fishies swimming in her bed. From what I could understand she wasn't swimming but there were fishies swimming. I think it might be her first narcotic induced dream! Sean keeps talking about the xbox and video games. He thinks it would be awesome "if the hospital would get all new ones and put all their old ones in a hospital DI where they would be free and he would get bags full of big boy video games and an xbox and controllers. Wouldn't that be so awesome, mom?" Hmmm, nope. Too bad for him I'm not a fan of video games.
5 comments:
Glad to hear that things went well.
Hope they are feeling well=) Poor babies...so sad to see them in hospital gowns. Glad things went well and everything. Also I like how you and Natalia have the same hair=)
Hopefully things continue to go well and there's no further problems. I like the picture of them sleeping in the back of the car. They look so sweet and peaceful...
Good grief, everytime I catch up on you someone is having surgery!!
I'm glad that everything is o.k., though.
Jana Cannon
Yeah!!, I hope this will help them both!
glenna
Post a Comment