Friday, May 01, 2009

Kennecott Copper Mine

I got to go on a the 2nd grade field trip to Kennecott mine with Brandon. Since I had never been there I was a bit excited. It's one of those things that are on my list of things to see in UT before I move (if I ever do). Add the list factor to the coolness factor of it being one of the few man made structures (not sure if that's the right word, per se; but you get the idea) that can be seen from outer space. And I got to go with Brandon! So definitely something worthwhile.

I got to go with Brandon and a few of his friends. They all wore their scout shirts so they could get a scout belt loop thing for mining. So I had the boy scout group and they were the cutest little boys! We had lots of fun looking at all the cool artifacts and trying to find gold in the rock samples - which they also mine. Of course we had to have our pictures taken by the massive wheel from one of the ore haulers. Those trucks are truly massive! If they went on a regular road they would break the road, if you had a regular pickup truck next to the hauler it wouldn't even reach the axle. We almost got to see the miners doing some blasting but it got cancelled at the last minute. Too bad! I think it would be lots of fun to go back with the whole family and spend a little bit more time looking around. Thanks Brandon for having such a fun field trip for me to go on with you!



1 comment:

Sarahmanarah said...

Hey look Creed's famous he made it on your blog.

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!