Since I'm still at the hospital watching Alauna sleep, I thought I would do something productive. So here we are.....
Alauna had her tonsils and adenoids removed. Dr Hill told us that the adenoid pad was very large and that her tonsils we so enlarged that they were touching. When asked if he had seen bigger tonsils, he said that he hadn't in someone so young or in an out patient setting. But he couldn't remember if Natalia's were the same size. I think I remember him saying that hers were touching as well, but that was a bit more than 2 years ago. Anyways, with Alauna's tonsils touching there was little room available for her airway or for food to go down. Poor kid.
Due to how young Alauna is we had to stay the night for observation. Not the best night's sleep I've had. Her oxygen level monitor kept going off. Her levels would drop and I'd move the oxygen closer to her face so it would blow on her. Then the nurse would come in and move it away and a little while later the monitor would go off and we would repeat the process. The nurse kept moving it to see if Alauna would be okay with out it. Unfortunately, she wasn't and since I'm blind without my glasses on, I couldn't see how low her oxygen was dipping. So instead of getting released in the morning to go home, Alauna and I get to stay even longer.
I'm watching Alauna sleep and understanding why I didn't get very much sleep last night. If she finds a good position than she can sleep for a while but if she isn't in the right position her levels drop every 30 seconds. At one point she dropped down to 68 and stayed there for a few seconds, usually when she drops down it's to 81 or so. I don't know how bad or good that is but the monitor starts beeping any time it drops below 85. We'll have to wait and see what Dr Hill says when he stops by around 12:30.
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Alauna's Surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters
I love how happy they make each other
Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!
4 comments:
Good Gracious!!! Makes you feel like you are at the newborn stage all over again, doesn't it. So sorry you had a bad time and wishing you better days and nights to come.
So when are you going to be done with all the surgeries and stuff? Here's hoping this is the last. :)
Sounds like you've been having fun. You really need to let us know in advance of the surgeries so we can be praying for your family - and the doctors. Otherwise I don't find out until Robert posts a progress report on facebook.
What!! you don't look at my calendar and know when everything is? I never thought of telling everyone in advance. It's a great idea, but hopefully, one I won't use because now the kids are done with their surgeries. Right, kids!!?
alanua was so cute a sleep in the hasbitl.
Post a Comment