Whenever, we're in Salt Lake for a doctor appointment we head on over to Liberty Park and get free lunch and play in the 7 canyons water feature. Considering it wasn't too hot yet, I was amazed by how much the kids played in the water. Of course, there were many breaks to warm up in the sun.
I ran out of room on the camera so I had to take some pictures on my cell phone. Which weren't quite as good quality as I would like. And there is only so much you can do in photoshop with them. But I loved seeing the kids play together. At first the boys were playing by themselves floating pine cones down the canyon streams. But after a couple of frantic searches on my part, I instituted an 'everyone plays in the same place' rule. It really helped me keep track of them better.
Side note: That day was a stressful day for me. While playing on the monkey bars after lunch Sean jumped out to a middle monkey bar, slipped off, flipped around, and landed on the back of his neck. Obviously, no injury occurred. But it really could have been bad. Then when we were playing in the canyons, Alauna tripped and managed to flip herself over so that she landed on her back, head underwater in one of the streams. She couldn't get herself out of the water. Thankfully, I was right behind her and pulled her out right away. But you can see why I was a bit paranoid. I am so grateful that no injuries occurred.







Waaaahooooooo!
After a hard day's play in the canyons, the kids topped it off with roll down the big hill by the pond. Days like this are what makes summer so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment