Not too far from where we live there is a waterfall. One of my good friends showed us this waterfall when we went for a hike together. It was a small group - 2 moms and 11 kids. Who would have thought that just a short hike would reveal such a picturesque view?
First, Brandon, Sean, and Natalia ventured close to the waterfall for a photo op. The next thing I knew, Brandon and Sean were running behind the waterfall. Those crazy boys!
And of course, Alauna wanted her picture taken by the waterfall too. So I, being the loving mother that I am, carried her over for the shot. And since we all know that no good deed goes unpunished; on the way back I slipped on a moss covered rock. Since I am that good mom, I didn't put out a hand to catch myself, I held onto Alauna and didn't drop her or let her get hurt, so the whole force of that fall went on my poor tailbone. That's right, I sacrificed the body to protect the child. And I have a very painful, broken tailbone to prove it.

No comments:
Post a Comment