Thursday, September 10, 2009

Natalia's first day of preschool

The week after the boys started school, I recieved a flyer in the mail telling me to come to Preschool Orientation for my daughter's upcoming preschool. It also had listed that she would be in the Tues/Thurs afternoon class.



He-ll0000! What in the world?! Since when was Natalia signed up for preschool? Don't get me wrong, I knew that it was an option for Natalia to go to the district preschool for her speech issues. I just figured that if she was going to be doing that someone would give me a jingle and let me know about it. After talking to the speech therapist Natalia saw last year and the speech therapist at the preschool we decided to go forward with preschool.
Today Natalia went to the first day of structured preschool. I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole thing. The district preschool will help her with her speech and since it's free (since she's on an IEP - no idea what that stands for but it means she has special needs) it seems like it will be good for Natalia. The only issue is that since I had no idea that she would be in this preschool I had already agreed to be part of a neighborhood preschool group with a curriculum and everything. I already paid $100 and I am up first for the first 4 weeks of teaching. Not exactly something I can back out of. So that puts my sweet little 3 year old in 4 days of preschool a week. Not really what I would have planned out for her 2 years before she even starts kindergarten. We'll have to see how this all goes.

isn't this the cutest picture ever!


No comments:

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!