It's been a long last couple of months. In late summer I had a MS relapse and lost a lot of feeling in my hands and feet. In hindsight the relapse started in June, but I had forgotten what it feels like to have an exacerbation (after all, my last one was 12 years ago) and chalked it up to any number of other things. But when it got bad enough to lose feeling I knew what it was. Once I acknowledged that it was a MS relapse I had to find a neurologist that I wanted to see long term. Then I had to get new MRI, lots of blood work, and worst of all, a lumber puncture. Everything went okay this time around. The actual LP wasn't nearly as horrible as my first one, though the spinal headache was insane! In the end my MS has progressed from where it was 12 years ago and is a bit worse. But I guess that's what it does. So I started a treatment regimen that is supposed to slow down the rate of relapses. I give myself daily injections of Copaxone. As of now I'm doing a lot better. It has taken me a long time to recover from this relapse, but I think I'm getting there. Maybe I'll have enough energy to start running again by this time next month. Hopefully, my legs will stop buckling and I won't have any problems with them.
Now that I'm doing a bunch better, I'm hoping to get back into doing all the things I was doing before; like blogging! We'll see how it goes.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Where I've been the last 6+ months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters
I love how happy they make each other
Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that you were doing badly, but glad to hear that you are improving.
For not feeling so great you sure did do a lot still! I'm inspired by you!
glad you're doing better!
Those daily shots sure sound like a lot of fun. But if they help... Glad you're feeling better- isn't it wonderful to feel like a normal person again?
Post a Comment