Thursday, July 09, 2009

Learning new skills

A little bit ago one of the digital scrapbooking websites I turn to for help had it's 2nd birthday. To celebrate, jessicasprague.com offered a free class on using photoshop. Since I'm a sucker for free things, of course I signed up. So far I have learned a bunch of new things!

Day 1 I learned about frames and wordart. While I knew about frames, I had never heard of wordart for photoshop. It is what stamps are in paper scrapbooking, only in the digital world. Here's my project from day 1.
Day 2 I learned about brushes. Again I had used them before, but this taught me a whole new level of use. And I learned about all the awesome free brushes you can find on the internet. Brushes are also like stamps. Here is my project from day 2.
Day 3 I learned how to create a vintage, hand tinted look. Now this was something I had never tried before. I would have to say that I wouldn't necessarily think of doing this to a picture, just for fun. And I don't quite know when I would think, hey, lets do the vintage thing on this picture. But I do like how the picture turned out.
Day 4 I learned about clipping masks. Again something I had never heard of before. And I definitely learned a few new techniques. The mask is basically a frame, probably more accurate to say a reverse frame. As you can see from my project.

Day 5 will be all about textures. I'll have see what I get out of that one. It doesn't seem like something that I would use very often, if ever. But it'll be fun to learn!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Very cool. You need to give the Cliffs Notes version or something- a lot of that is stuff I've been trying to figure out on my own, with mixed results.

Sisters

Sisters
I love how happy they make each other

Brothers

Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!