I can now finish showing of all the new skills I've learned from my free online photoshop class. As mentioned earlier; on day 5 I learned all about textures. So for this picture I changed the colors and added a couple of layers of textures. 
On the 6th day of learning, the teaching taught me how.... to do a ttv picture. TTV stands for 'Through The Viewfinder'. Apparently, this is a pretty big thing in photography circles, where you take a picture through an old camera lens. This adds a blackened edge, scuffs, distortion, etc to the picture.
On the 7th day of learning, the teacher taught me how... to....oohhh, right, that was quiz day. Umm, I did alright. Good thing I have access to this class forever. Whenever I want to do something and I can't remember, I can always come back and check it out. But here's a picture I did, just for fun, using some of the techniques I've learned.
On the 8th day learning, the teacher taught me how....to do type. Hmmm, this was pretty basic. Really who hasn't written on their pictures?
On the 9th day of learning, the teacher taught me how........ to add an edge burn. Now this technique is very useful. It lightens up the middle of a picture so that it really stands out. And since the eye is drawn to the lightest area of a picture, it is good for emphasizing something - like eyes or people or whatnot. I'm not sure that I'm using it to the best of its ability yet. In the first picture the camera still draws the attention first. And the second one I definitely over did it, since it is so pronounced. But, hey, I'm still learning.
On the 10th day of learning, the teacher taught me how.....to do a project from start to finish. Man, her projects sure do look great. Maybe one day I'll have great pictures and I'll be able to make beautiful projects just like hers.
On the 11th day of learning, the teacher taught me how....to do spot recoloring. Now this is an exciting thing to learn. I've seen other pictures with a spot of color and really liked them. When I've done it before, I've always used the lasso tool and made a copy layer of what I wanted to be colored. This way is soo much easier and better! I love it!
On the 12th day of learning, the teacher taught me how...to do storyboards. Same as yesterday, I have done these before, but her way is soo much easier and better. She does it with clipping mask, instead of cropping first and then layering a picture on. Clipping masks are amazing! Ohhh, and I learned a new way of duplicating layers. Way easier!
On the 13th day of learning, the teacher taught me how.....to do a collage. This one is more of the same as day 12, but more of it.
On the 14th day of learning , the teacher taught me how..... to do nothing. It was another quiz day. What a waste! I wanted more freebies and techniques. Wait, now I'm getting greedy. I learned so much about photoshop and got so many free brushes, frames, papers, etc and pointed in the right direction for more free stuff. If anyone else wants to learned this stuff too, go to JessicaSprague.com and she'll help you out.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
More things I learned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sisters
I love how happy they make each other
Brothers
These two boys are such cute partners in crime - they do so much together!
1 comment:
Love the new picture taking skills! Your kids look like they are having a blast of a summer. We really need to get together
Post a Comment